aug 16 2020
Jerry Buxton, N0JY, Vice President-Engineering has published a two-
minute video update on the progress of AMSAT projects. Among the
- The RadFxSat-2 / Fox-1E satellite is ready for delivery and
integration and is expected to launch by the end of the year.
- The University of Maine will use an AMSAT LTM-1 module for command
and control of their upcoming CubeSat mission, MESAT-1. The LTM-1
also provides a linear transponder for amateur radio use. AMSAT is
in discussions with additional partners about flying LTM-1 modules.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, vendors have been delayed in
supplying printed circuit boards for the GOLF-TEE project. The
impact of the pandemic has also affected the amount of time
AMSAT’s volunteer engineers have for their hobby work. Completion
of GOLF-TEE is expected by the end of June 2021.
- Dependent on fulfilling its primary mission, the GOLF-TEE satellite
may include a X-band downlink parrot of the V-band uplink and L/S
band uplinks which are planned for GOLF-1.
- Research is underway to place GOLF-1 into a higher orbit while
meeting regulatory requirements.
- GOLF-TEE is a candidate for a launch on an upcoming DoD mission.